Some tasty eats, from me to you! I’ll keep adding recipes and ideas as long as my pots are rocking and my fingers are typing.
I don’t usually measure while I cook, so you’ll see lots of approximate amounts in recipes, or a range (for example, normal person garlic versus MY heavy-duty garlic); in fact, the only time I really measure is when I make baked goods. Unless specific quantities are listed in a recipe, or it’s a recipe for a baked good, approximations are just fine for these recipes.
Please play with your food! Adjust seasonings and quantities to your own taste–that’s what cooking is all about. If I had to stress about a teaspoon here or ounces there, cooking would be nowhere near as fun.
Good Morning, Sunshine:
- Tropical Whole-Grain Muffins
- Spanish Scrambled Eggs
- Tropical Strawberry Smoothie
- Berry Cornmeal Pancakes
- Cooking Other People’s Food: Sada Roti and Aloo Choka
- White Bean, Tomato, and Roasted Eggplant Salad
- A Salad Fit For A New Fiance (Nicoise Wannabe Salad)
- Green Banana and Saltfish Salad
- Thai-Inspired Tuna Salad
Pasta Dishes and Big Bad Mains:
- Callalloo and Coocoo, My Way (Caribbean greens and polenta)
- Chinese Eggs in Tomato Sauce, My Wife Danni Style
- Curried Chickpeas and Tofu
- Eggplant Pasta with Tomato-Basil Sauce
- Indian Sweet Potato Hash
- Lazy Girl’s Tomato Pasta Sauce
- White Bean Pasta
- Vegetable and Tofu Hoisin Stir-Fry
- An English Jacket Potato in Trinidad
Sauces, Dips, and Whatnot:
- Pico de Gallo (Mexican Tomato Salsa)
- Red Kidney Bean Hummus
- Hostess with the Mostest Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Dip
Sweet Things for A Sweet Ting:
- Dark Chocolate Pudding (vegan or not)
- Guava Daiquiri
- Cooking Other People’s Food: Cardamom Sweet Rolls
- Cooking Other People’s Food: The Christmas Cookie Factory (Sugar Cookies and Gingerbread Cookies)
Go on, dig in… Buen provecho!